Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let the games begin !!

I have been playing online poker for just over a year now. Having lost more than I care to admit, I am going to chalk it all up to my tuition and the cost learning this wonderful and maddening game we call poker.

Having said that, I am making one final deposit on PokerStars and do not intend of ever depositing again. I will be updating my progress here for all the world to see with hand histories, advice and hopefully some humour along the way.

I will be following a strict Bankroll management system. That means always having 30 buyins for SNGs. 40 buyins for cash games and 50 buyins for MTT. I will not move up in stakes until I have to above noted buyins.

I look forward to your comments as this journey continues.

2 comments:

WVHillbilly said...

Are you a reader? If so I'd recommend reading HOH I & II if you haven't done so. It'll help your SnG/tourney game more than learning while playing ever will.

There is actually a book discussion going on CC about HOH I right now.

I'm a huge reader and I find buying a book and reading it several times helps my game a ton more that throwing my money on the table to learn through experience.

Duffer Devon said...

Thanks wvhillbilly, I have both books and they have helped me tremendously. Especially in my tournament play.
I would recommend them to anyone.